CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Repurposing

Yesterday I was going through my pantry a little and pulling all the old bread bags, you know the ones with all the heals or the hamburger bags with only one bun in it. Around here when we only have one or two of something left we can't really use it because everyone wants it so we end up with all these things in our pantry that only have one or two left in them and they get forgotten. So when I was pulling these out I threw them in the garbage and when I was just about to close the door I realized that I could have made that into bread crumbs.

So they came out of the garbage, (they were still in their respective bags) and got out my food processor and quickly made up some bread crumbs. There have been a few recipes lately that I have needed bread crumbs and haven't been able to make them but now I can. Now I have a small bag in the freezer ready to go.


AND NOW
A small photography lesson for you for those of you who want to know a little more:

This picture I did not use a flash (which is how I prefer to shoot) and the food processor is actually running, do you notice that the crumbs are a little bit of a blur? They are moving and the amount of light that is needed to expose the picture correctly kept the shutter open a little longer than normal so it made the crumbs blurry as they were moving around.

Here I used a flash and the shutter didn't have to be open but a split second so it looks like the crumbs are standing still. I tell you this because sometimes we do want a little movement in the picture and this is how to achieve it.


My early morning helper


She gets up while it is still dark; she provides food for her family.... Proverbs 31:15

1 comment:

JuRita said...

and I just threw away about 4 misc bags tonight of bread/buns! Next time I will save it and use your advice. I am thinking maybe add some herbs to make it Italian bread crumb :)... Sometimes in the summer we save the bags in the freezer to feed the ducks. Miss you!