CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, January 11, 2010

Missing Tooth

My second born is growing up. It's one thing when your oldest enters into a new stage, potty trained, school, lost tooth etc etc etc....but when your second born enters that new stage it's kind of weird like you actually have a family who is in that stage. Riah lost her first tooth the other day and she has been so excited.

While I was saying goodnight to her she said "wait mom, what about my money". I looked at her and said "well you just have to wait, your tooth has to turn into a dollar overnight", knowing very well that she wouldn't believe me. See I just wanted to appease her for a moment so I could get out of the room and just make her wonder. We give $1 for the first tooth and $.25 for each tooth after that. None of this inflation thing over the years, losing teeth is fun, not making the kids rich while making the parents poor.

The next morning she came out of her bedroom and said with a very shocked look and sounding very worried, "Mom when I woke up, I looked under my pillow in the little plastic tooth and found a dollar but couldn't find my tooth". I looked at her and said "See!!! It did turn into a dollar" We don't do the tooth fairy here or at least they know that the "tooth fairy" is mom and dad but now I think I stumped her.

Isn't she just adorable!

The next day Emma lost a tooth and still has one more really loose one to go. We may not be extravagant in our loose tooth funds but we might have to start taking out of our retirement fund for this.

1 comment:

kelli said...

I know it's weird. Kenna lost her 4th the other day. She's missing her two top which is really cute. But it's sad too. We did the tooth "man" which is Jake of course but they figured it out here recently but I pretend I don't know what they're talking about. :)