CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs

While trying to be wiser with our money I have made a menu for the entire month of January already. We have all the meat in the freezer from different sales and I just built my menu around that. I haven't done all the grocery shopping to go with it but I'll do that weekly which should make for minimal grocery shopping. So yesterday was Meatballs w/ rice, Salad & Green Beans. I am extra cautious around my children with meat. I have never let them touch, come near, see, smell, even think raw meat but yesterday I finally decided that I guess I have made such a big deal of this that I could let them help me in the kitchen. So Emma cooked up 2 lbs of taco meat and Riah helped me form 75 meatballs. I couldn't believe that I actually let Riah form the meatballs but she actually did a very good job (I wish I had a picture). She was so cute, she kept looking up at me with her cute eyes and saying "Mommy, I'm gonna be a mommy just like you", made my heart melt. After all that work and we didn't even end up using them last night. I just had an idea, the movie Cloudy with a chance of Meatballs comes out today, maybe we'll rent that and eat our meatballs tonight.

But I have to tell you about the outfit Riah came out in yesterday. Riah is my dress up, always wanting to where dresses, fashion diva. She always has to have something in her hair, always asking if she looks cute, and wants to where a summer dress when it's 20 degrees outside. So last night she comes out with her easter dress from last year which is pink with white polka dots, black tights, white summer shoes and a purple poncho with hearts, diamonds and stripes on it, and the thing is a size 2T (she wears a 7). Wow, it was snazzy, another time I wish I would have gotten the camera out (I have this fancy camera, I need to use it!!!!). I told her she looked like Minnie Mouse and she didn't seem too bothered by that.

Yesterday's post was about debt and letting debt just build over time. I think I made it sound like we are in debt over our ears. If we didn't have large tax refunds that might be the case but because of all the tax breaks we receive it should take care of most of our debt besides our house and car. There will be some debt left over but we will plug away at that for a few months and hopefully by next Christmas it should be paid off. This has just been more then we have carried for awhile. What I would really like from the whole Money Makeover would be the amount in savings built up. When our washer broke a few months ago, it would have been really nice to be able to just buy it with our savings account. But somehow over the course of each month the cost of things add up and they are not usually frivilous things which makes it hard to put anything into savings. We'll see if we can do it this month.

No comments: