CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, January 4, 2010

Money Issues

I've been reading Kelly's blog about their money makeover. They are doing the Dave Ramsey Financial Peace University. I'm not sure if they are doing it online, through a book, watching his TV shows or attending a class but it's inspired me to want to pay attention to our bottom line a little better (well OK I need "a lot better" but we'll start here). Their situation sounds very similar to ours and our spending habits seem similar as well. I have always been one to watch sales, try to find a deal, not go over board on what we 'need' in our home but it's also been a place of weakness in me. At one point we actually had all of our debt paid off (except the house) but little things have crept in here and there and now all of a sudden we are looking at debt some how we need to get rid of. It seems so overwhelming to just say "start chipping away at it" but I know that's the only way to do it. I guess I'll let you know what we come up with and maybe post our progress here. And maybe I'll actually become transparent in our amounts, blessings, and failures.

But he said to me, "My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness." Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ's power may rest on me.
2 Corinthians 12:9

Now just a cute picture from the other evening just for your viewing pleasure.


2 comments:

kelli said...

Hey Brooke,
We're reading his book, Total Money Makeover. I don't know how it differs from Financial Peace University because I've never done that but it does take you through steps on how to get the finances in order. Blessings on your ventures. :)
~Kelli

Elizabeth said...

Brooke, Randy and I took the actual class at our Church. It was 13 weeks, once a week, ours were Sunday nights. We tried to do it on our own but the motivation got lost in the everyday chaos. Going to the class was awesome!!! We are in the process of paying off 2 credit cards by May and hopefully our third by this time next year!!!! I highly recommend it. check out his website, I think you'll like it, its helped us A LOT!!!
-Elizabeth Hoey
ps, I'm trying to get mom and dad to do it too!!