CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, February 10, 2011

Life as a mom.....


So I guess it's been awhile since I posted. Why does this keep happening? Because of life. I really want to try and post what God is showing me through my life as being a mom and wife. AGAIN, I will try.

Yesterday I was humbled. This is what I received from Riah (I'm sad, I can't find it, I was going to take a picture of it to share). I received a bookmark that she made. This is what she wrote "God loves you every step of the way, calm down all the time". Inside I weeped. I knew that if she wrote that, she had to have seen it, the ugliness, the impatience, the selfishness, the temper. Being a mother is hard and tiring but yet rewarding and a chance for major growth. Obviously this is something I need to work on, my patience. So yesterday morning, instead of nagging the kids with the hustle and bustle of the day (and really stuff that doesn't matter eternally) we slowed down in the morning. I sat with them on the couch, drank my coffee, talked with them, played with them, read my Bible with them and then we started the day with school and chores. Emma and I even ended up having a great conversation about making rules vs. the intentions of our hearts.

I need to remember to slow down with my kids. Enjoy them, remember them as gifts, and walk in His grace.

She opens her mouth with wisdom, And on her tongue is the law of kindness. She watches over the ways of her household, And does not eat the bread of idleness. Her children rise up and call her blessed; Her husband also, and he praises her. Proverbs 31:26-28




3 comments:

Unknown said...

welcome back! Great post. This hits hard with me.

Island Thunder said...

Great Post .. this does hit home for me as well. I am going to follow the lead and take some time to do enjoy my wonderful kids. "Impatience" is like an unwelcome annoying tic constantly eating at my flesh. Stay blessed!

Dylan and Ali Smith said...

Well said, I think we all need to take that advice sometimes!!