CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, October 5, 2011

My First Love


I came here to just take a peek at my blog that I haven't looked at or even thought about in months and what did I see, my last post.  Wow, that hit home again.  I have wondered back into the impatience, the selfishness, the complacency.  I realized this week that I have focused so much of my heart to "honoring the Lord" and in the meantime forgotten my first love, Jesus.  I can honor Him with what I do but if He does not have my heart than all has been lost.  

But we are all like an unclean [thing], And all our righteousnesses [are] like filthy ragsWe all fade as a leaf, And our iniquities, like the wind, Have taken us away.  Isaiah 64:6

This sums up in one verse my heart lately.  I have been so busy with the doing that my heart has been lost.  My life has become doing good things, ministry, training, discipleship, and even reading my Bible and praying but it all has been done in vain.  I want Jesus to be my first love again.  How does that happen?  

"But take careful heed to do the commandment and the law which Moses
the servant of the LORD commanded you, to lovethe LORD your God,
to walk in all His ways, to keep His commandments, TO HOLD FAST TO HIM,
and to serve Him with all your heart and with all your soul."
Joshua 22:5

I can not just serve the Lord, I must LOVE the Lord.  My whole heart must love Jesus.  My whole heart must love the cross and what Jesus did for me. Where did the love go?  Since when did love become the equal of serving?  Yes I must serve but I must love first.  Lord help me to have a heart that loves You and then serves You out of the abundance of that love.  If you think about it, please pray for my walk with Him.  Thank you!!

Lead Me To The Cross

1 comment:

JuRita said...

Love and Hugs to you Brook! So thankful His mercies are new every morning. He longs to meet with and dine with you! I pray you have a refreshing rest of the week. Keep holding on.. I completely understand.