CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, November 16, 2010

What I'm Studying

Here I am AGAIN!!! I have neglected this blog for way too long and I have gone back and forth of whether or not to blog again. Mostly I love to blog to keep a remembrance of our family. Thankfully my DH has done a wonderful job of that over at his blog. Now I must return though. I will attempt at blogging a few times a week to stay up to date but we'll see what reality brings. I've always blogged first thing in the morning (after devotions of course) before my kids wake up but Sarah, in her 3 year old little brain, seems to think that everything should revolve around her at 7:15 in the morning (just as she does all day long) so I'll see if that time will work or not or if I'll end up foregoing blogging again. Stay tuned to see what happens here.

Currently I am studying through a book by Cheryl Broderson, Against All Odds. This is the book we are studying through our Ladies Bible Study. I love studying Old Testament books because it brings so much history to life and paints a very clear picture of our need for a Savior which is fulfilled in the New Testament through Jesus. Ezra is believed to have written Ezra and Nehemiah which at one point used to be all one book. Jeremiah 29 starts out with a letter to the Jews as they are headed into captivity and states that he will not forget them but to live amongst the babylonians, and he will return them back to Jerusalem after 70 years. Ezra starts out by saying:

Ezra 1:1-3
NOW in the first year of Cyrus king of Persia, that the word of the LORD by the mouth of Jeremiah might be fulfilled, the LORD stirred up the spirit of Cyrus king of Persia, so that he made a proclamation throughout all his kingdom, and also put it in writing, saying, Thus says Cyrus king of Persia: All the kingdoms of the earth the LORD God of heaven has given me. And He has commanded me to build Him a house at Jerusalem which is in Judah. Who is among you of all His people? May his God be with him, and let him go up to Jerusalem which is in Judah, and build the house of the LORD God of Israel (He is God), which is in Jerusalem.

God has fulfilled His promise to rescue them out of captivity!!! God WILL do what He says He will do. He will never leave us nor forsake us. He has not forgotten. No matter what my circumstances, He will always be there rescuing me when I fail, when I stumble, when I am weak. There may be times that I have to go through hardship, heartache or loneliness but He always has a plan for my life.

Jeremiah 29:11-13 For I know the thoughts that I think toward you, says the LORD, thoughts of peace and not of evil, to give you a future and a hope. Then you will call upon Me and go and pray to Me, and I will listen to you. And you will seek Me and find Me, when you search for Me with all your heart.

He is listening and He has a plan! Later I will write about what we are studying on Sunday morning and Home Group, 1 Kings.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

welcome back. Thanks for sharing! We too are going through the book of Neh in a little moms bible study.

Brooke said...

Bekah, I just got the email that you are moving. I tried to get to your blog and can't. Can you send me an invitation? thejaynefamily@gmail.com