CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, March 12, 2010

Safeway Savings!!!!

Woohoo, gotta love a great deal. I have been couponing a lot lately and it really has turned into my new hobbie, just to see how much I can really save and how much stuff I can get for free or close to it. Today I scored a pretty good deal and thought I would finally post one of my deals. I have made some pretty sweet deals, mostly at Safeway, and not posted them but today I finally thought I would take the time to do it. I had to break this up into two transactions to get the most out of the doublers that Safeway has and here is how my deal panned out.


1st Transaction
5 boxes cereal
6 yogurts
1 sour cream
Total = $7.13


2nd Transaction
1 bag chips
2 salad dressings
2 jars alfredo sauce
4 diced tomatoes
1 bag salad
1 bag broccoli
1 bag broccoli stir fry
1 box cream cheese
1 red bell pepper
1 bunch of radishes
2 fruit roll ups (snack for my big helpers for when we were done)
Total=$13.07

Total between both transactions = $20.20

By the way, I am not a huge cereal fan because of all the sugar involved and even in the lower sugar varieties but I figure sometimes it's easier the a hot meal. In a cereal with 6 grams of sugar/serving there is over 6 teaspoons of sugar in an average bowl of cereal (including milk) which in my home spells disaster for our day, usually in lack of focus. I do however make it a rule that when they have cereal they have to use plain cheerios for 1/2 of their cereal consumption so really they are getting a little less sugar then they would otherwise with a full bowl of sugary cereal.

Happy couponing!!!

No comments: