CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Gingerbread House

Riah & Emma have both asked me about gingerbread houses this year. "Mom it's our tradition, we have to do it". Ummmm.....last year was the only year we have done it, where's the tradition in that? Oh well, it's still fun but that candy can add up. Last year I decided that buying a kit was much cheaper than buying all that candy. So I told the girls that I wasn't sure if we would make a gingerbread house this year because the candy is just so darn expensive (I know I sound like such a mean mom but gotta watch the bottom line ya know). But little did they know that I had planned all along that after Christmas I would go and find one for 1/2 off and I knew I would find it too. Two days after Christmas, Wal-mart had a TON of them 1/2 off and I bet if I go in a few more days they will have them 75% off, maybe I'll have to stock up at that price. So I surprised the kids Monday morning with a gingerbread house. They were so excited! The candy actually did end up on the house too. It was fun and now I guess the new tradition will have to be making the houses after Christmas. Although, if they go on a 75% off clearance sale, I just might have some for before Christmas next year. I'll keep you posted.

I was going to include pictures but it seems they may have been lost....darn digital cameras :(((

Update: Hey guess what, PTL, my pictures were recovered!!!! For your viewing pleasure :))





OK, eating the candy is half the fun, right?


love those little finger ;)



1 comment:

Rebekah S. said...

We did that last year, we got the train gingerbread house for 10 bucks, regularly 20 bucks. Just a heads up, the icing DOES NOT last, it was very icky and goupy. The peppermints were pretty sticky to get out of the package too. So you might need to replace those two things. Everything else lasted very well the entire year sitting in our garage :)