CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Christmas Eve

We have always tried to find the "perfect" Christmas Eve tradition and last year I think we finally found it. Crab & Shrimp feed. I buy an over abundance of crab and shrimp and we enjoy the best meal of the year.

On the menu this year:
Whole Dungeness
Crab
Clam Chowder
Shrimp WonTons
Fried Shrimp
Baked Potatoes
And lots of memories!

This year when we went up to Seattle (I'll write about that later) we had dinner at the Crab Pot which gave us the idea to do this at home. We covered our table with butcher paper, handed out mallets and personal size boards (hand made by DH), threw the food on the table and everyone just had at the crab, hammering away. It was so fun and definitely our new Christmas Eve tradition.



Doesn't that look just delish.....

Emma doesn't care for the crab but Riah seemed to really enjoy it this year. I'm not sure about Sarah though, she just kinda picked at everything. John's mom and brother joined us this year, I think they thought we were completely out of our gourds, LOL.

After we stuffed our guts full of the best seafood we headed out to our new church, Calvary Chapel Lebanon's Christmas Eve service and celebrated our Savior's birth. What a humbling truth, our God, in the flesh, Jesus Christ came here to live amongst wretched sinners so that you and I could be saved from death and destruction. That, my friends, is.......

THE REASON FOR THE SEASON.

Have you put your full faith and trust in Jesus?

For unto you is born this day in the city of David, a Savior, which is Christ the Lord. Luke 2:11

2 comments:

heartchild said...

I love this tradition. I think you guys should adopt me and the twins. :-)

kelli said...

This is really cool!
Great idea!