CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, September 20, 2009

Sunglasses in the house??

We are at John's mom's house for the weekend (which probably explains my availability of time to blog :) ) bringing her a new computer and just doing some projects around the house to get the house ready for the winter.

In the middle of the night, Emma came into our room crying saying that her eye hurt. I looked at it, prayed for her and told her that it looked fine and there wasn't much I could do so just go back to sleep and we'll see how it feels in the morning. About 6:30 in the morning she came out again crying and we still couldn't figure out why it was hurting so told her again, go get some more rest and we'll see how you're feeling in the morning "but don't run into anything on the way".

That's when she remembered,

"Oh mom, I just remembered what happened, when I was going to the bathroom and I came back to the bedroom, I ran into the cabinet"
.

So after talking to her, we decided that she must have had her eye open when she hit it which would probably explain so much pain, ya think?? Thankfully, in this tiny little town, there still is a nice nurse that we could go see to get an opinion and she agreed that we should probably take her in. Guess where you have to go in a tiny little town on a Sunday. Yep, 45 minutes away to the Emergency Room. Oh well, anything for my babies, right??? They have the coolest gel that you can put on your eye, and under UV light, you can see the abrasion. She ended up with a corneal abrasion about the size of a pinky nail. Not a small scratch on the eye. He gave her some "numbsit" type stuff for the eye and we just have to wait for it to heal. Now we'll just pray that she doesn't have any permanent damage which we won't find out for a few more days depending on how well it heals. So this is how she is spending the rest of the day.



She keeps saying "I wish I would've had my hand out to see where I was going", I guess she'll only do it once :))

No comments: