CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, September 28, 2009

Bible Study

I started a new Bible Study last night called Believing God by Beth Moore. I have done two other Beth Moore studies and have found them challenging. The first one I did was Breaking Free but being the first of her studies that I had done, I found it difficult and was hard to follow. Now that I know her style I can study better with her. The second one that I did was called Jesus the One and Only. This is where I came to understand her studies a little bit better and was able to get more out of it. This time I understand her way of thinking and her teaching style so I am ready and on fire to learn. I just finished another study by Kay Arthur, The God Who Cares & Knows You and found it difficult because of the season that I was in at the time. Having a new baby (brand new at the time) it was difficult to give Bible study a whole lot of effort and time. Now that we are starting to get back to normal life I feel like this is the time to really get focused on my relationship with the Lord and come back to my first love, Jesus.

Here is the "Five Statement Pledge of Faith" that comes with this new Bible study and I thought I would share it here.

1. God is who He says He is!
2. God can do what He says He can do!
3. I am who God says I am!
4. I can do all things through Christ!
5. God's Word is alive and active in me!

I am excited to dig deep into God's Word again and dig out of the trenches that life can bring.

I keep asking that the God of our Lord Jesus Christ, the glorious Father, may give you the Spirit of wisdom and revelation, so that you may know him better. Ephesians 1:17

1 comment:

The Wilson Team ~ Corvallis Oregon Real Estate said...

Wow, sounds awesome. I am just finishing up breaking free with the women at church, it has been SO amazing. I rally love her style. I also did Jesus the One and Only, and I fell in love with the book of Luke. I lived in those passages for months after. I will have to check this one out. Are you doing it with a group?