CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, January 12, 2012

Something on my heart

Something has been on my heart today.  Something that most moms battle with.  Something that is ugly.  Something that is normal but a scheme of the enemy.

Moms comparing themselves to other moms.  It's not like we are brawling out in the streets for the best mommy of the year award.  We are silently dying inside with the feeling of failure and defeat.

There is an expectation that if we are a stay-at-home mom then we must be happy, cheerful, cooking, cleaning, singing around the house like Mary Poppins all day.  It must be from the Patty Duke days that everything was expected to be clean, everyone was supposed to be dressed well and happy.

I am here to set the record straight that we are not perfect.  There is not one perfect except Jesus Christ, not even a mom.  At any given time in my home you can come in and find either a child crying, a child in trouble, a frustrated mom or piles of laundry around amongst many other mishaps.

Thankfully my Savior shows me grace.  Being a mom is hard.  Being a mom is not perfect.  Being a mom there are struggles EVERYDAY!!!!  There are times where I am dying inside with guilt, defeat and torment.  Guess what ladies, that's our great adversary.  He wants to bring us down, rip us apart and make us feel like we can't compare to the June Cleaver mom down the street, at church or at Susie's playgroup.  It has been my experience, in conversations with The June Cleaver mom down the street (which I don't really have ;) ) she is struggling with the same thing.

I guess what has been on my heart is the sadness in alot of women who feel like they don't compare or don't have it all together.  We all have our shortcomings, we all have fallen short of the glory of God.  He is the one that I need to please and HIM alone.  I am a daughter of the King.  As long as I am not eating the bread of idleness and striving to do my job as unto the Lord then I know I have done well no matter how much of a mess my home may be in.

Thankfully we have a Savior that can set us free from it.

For the weapons of our warfare [are] not carnal but mighty in God for pulling down strongholds, casting down arguments and every high thing that exalts itself against the knowledge of God, bringing every thought into captivity to the obedience of Christ, and being ready to punish all disobedience when your obedience is fulfilled. 2 Corinthians 10:4-6

Whenever the ugly monster comes to speak words of defeat into my head, this is the scripture I bring up as my weapon, specifically "bringing every thought into captivity to the obedience of Christ"


Here is a picture from my kitchen today, yep, keeping it real sistas


There is Riah doing her schoolwork at 2pm still in her PJs.  Notice the spilled yogurt cups and the game that was played 3 hours earlier that no one put away.  If you could only see under the table, gross!!!  Yep, keepin it real!

Living Room doesn't look too bad, I was in the process of cleaning the floors when I got distracted for the umpteenth time today and decided to go blog instead.  Yep, just keepin it real my friends!!


No comments: